US 9yo accidentally passes marijuana-laced gummy bears to classmates

By January 22, 2018 Recent News

NewsHub 20 January 2018
A child in the US state of New Mexico has suffered a bad reaction after mistaking her parent’s medical marijuana gummy bears for regular lollies and sharing them with her friends at school.

Four students at the Albuquerque School of Excellence ingested the gummies and suffered sickness, including one child who passed out on the floor, KRQE reports.

“I started feeling really dizzy. I felt like the room was going to flip to the side,” one nine-year-old student told KRQE.

According to the school’s Dean of Elementary Students, Kristy Del Curto, the incident occurred before school last Thursday morning (local time).

According to Ms Del Curto three students ate one lolly each, while one student ate three or four and suffered more severe effects.

Emergency services were called and the children were all seen by paramedics to ensure they did not suffer too severe a reaction.

Ingesting THC gummies can be anywhere between two and 100 times more potent than smoking marijuana.

signup-rollKeep up with family issues in NZ.
Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox.