Daily Mail 22 September 2019
Family First Comment: “Brian Smith Jr. suffered from cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS) and died at the age of 17. CHS can arise in response to long-term cannabis use. Brian’s mother, Regina Denney, said her son started smoking at the age of 13”
But hey – cannabis never killed anyone, according to drug supporters…
A 17-year-old died in Indiana after suffering complications from prolonged use of marijuana as doctors say they’ve seen increase in ailments associated with using more potent strains of the drug.
Brian Smith Jr. died in October 2018 from dehydration as a result of cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome (CHS), according to a March autopsy report.
Brian had first gone to the hospital with his mother Regina Denney to complain about severe vomiting and abdominal pain.
He had been losing weight in the months leading up to his death but continued smoking, even after he was told the cannabis may be the root cause.
His death came as a shock to the mother.
‘He said mom I can’t breathe. I rolled him over, and my son was gone,’ the Denney explained to RTV6.
READ MORE: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7489195/Mother-reveals-sons-four-year-addiction-cannabis-led-death-17.html